IMRC Tech Closet Loan / Rental Policies:
- All issues around access are to be directed to Sheridan Kelley or Owen Smith, not directed towards our tech closet employees.
- All equipment is available for use by New Media & Intermedia students. All other University students will be considered based on need. Please contact us via our general contact form if you have a project that you’d like us to consider.
- All equipment rentals for commercial / paid work must pay the equipment rental fees. If it is discovered that equipment checked out for student or faculty projects is being used for commercial work, that student or faculty member risks losing access to future equipment loans / rentals. We want to support entrepreneurial use, but the equipment is primarily for student use. Therefore, commercial use must be paid for.
- For graduate or undergraduate students to gain access to the RED camera system, students must:
- Pass year in Film 1 & 2
- Pass Sheridan’s Camera Test
- For graduate or undergraduate students to gain access to the Black Magic or Canon 5D cameras:
- Pass year in Film 1
- Pass Sheridan’s Camera Test
- Graduate students can also get access to these pieces of equipment by taking our Black Magic & Canon 5D workshops offered throughout the year.
- Tech closet employees will erase all memory cards / drives and charge all batteries for equipment. However it is greatly appreciated when students and faculty return equipment charged and erased as it speeds up the process of getting equipment ready for the next person.
- Every piece of equipment must have a signed contract (NO EXCEPTIONS!) and be registered in inventory book before it can leave the equipment room, so that we are aware of it’s location at all times. The tech closet employee will check all equipment and accessories (cards, batteries, etc.) before it leaves and before the student / faculty finalizes the return of equipment All kits should be returned in it’s original condition and with everything that it left with (also marked on each kits equipment listed located in it’s case.)
- Absolutely no handing off of equipment from one person to another without checking in and checking out of the equipment closet. If a person with loaned equipment hands off equipment to another person, the original person that checked out equipment is still responsible for said equipment.
Late Equipment Policy:
- 2-Day Return Policy: Monday-Thursday equipment must be returned within 2 days / 48 hours; However, Friday rentals are due back on the following Monday.
- Late returns within 24 hours will result in the loss of access to the equipment room for 2 days / 48 hours.
- Late returns longer than 1 day / 24 hours will result in loss of access to the equipment room for 1 week.
- If you are late with equipment more than once you will lose access to the equipment room for the rest of the semester.
- Damage/Loss Policy: If damage or loss occurs, you are monetarily responsible for the cost of repair or replacement, to be determined by the New Media Department / IMRC Center.